Sunday, May 19, 2019

When You Look Out The Window

When You Look Out The Window

Juvenile nonfiction
In When You Look Out The Window Gayle Pitman turns an act most
people perform on a regular basis into important insights into LGBTQ
history. The picture window in question belonged to Phyllis Lyon and
Del Martin, one of America's most famous lesbian couples. They shared
the house it's part of for 53 years. Lyon still lives there.
Readers will learn about LGBTQ history landmarks visible from
that window. Some of them are:
*a church created to welcome gays and lesbians when most denominations
shunned and condemned them,
*a community space that is focussed on feminism,
and *a solar powered LGBTQ community center.
Information is given to help parents, caregivers, and educators
make good use of this valuable resource.
On a personal note, we're having really strange weather. It's nearly
June and I am in fuzzy footed one piece pajamas every night. We're
having a lot of rainy days and even the sunny ones have real wind
chill. Please note this is a comment, not a complaint. The only
weather that gets to me is the muggy, humid stuff that makes me heat
sick.
A great big shout out goes out to the best little cat in the world who
is napping on my lap. I wish I could forget cooking supper so as not
to disturb him.
jules hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment