Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Guiness World Records 2018

Guiness World Records 2018

Juvenile/adult nonfiction
I admit it. Every time that oversized shiny volume arrives at
Orono Public Library I snap it up. I enjoy flipping through Guiness
World Records books for the educational, amusing, and sometimes even
useful information I can find.
The 2018 edition is a people pleaser. Sports fans can find a
lot to cheer about. Budding scientists can learn about topics ranging
from tectonics to beetles. People who enjoy reading about the quirky
deeds of their fellow human beings should be more than satisfied. And
some of us will find useful tidbits. If my partner ever complains
about my collections I'll be able to tell him they're downright puny
in contrast to the 8,026 teddy bears ammassed by Jackie Miley of South
Dakota or the 4,059 snow globes China's Wendy Suen shares her abode
with.
Enjoy the book. I have just one bit of advice. Don't try any
stunts that may land you in a hospital. A stunt in a body cast is a
high price to pay for fleeting fame.
On a personal note, last weekend I performed one of my spring
rituals. I put out my more fragile wind chimes. I do when my
daffodils are coming up because that's usually when we're safe from
severe blizzards but the leaves are small enough not to be damaged.
This year my younger trees near my shed were able to hold a bunch. I
will be able to hear those ones from my studio when I can open the
windows.
A great big shout out goes out to my best little cat in the world
because I love him so.
jules hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment