Sunday, May 26, 2019

Stinkiest!

Stinkiest!

Juvenile nonfiction
"Whew! Some animals produce strong smells to mark their
territory. They put stinky liquid on branches and rocks to tell other
animals, 'This place belongs to me.' Animals also use strong odors as
a defense. Some of them smell so disgusting that predators leave them
alone. And there are a few creatures that smell really bad because of
what they eat or what lies in their fur. But what animal is the
smelliest of them all?"
Kids growing through the stage where gross is the epitome of
cool will be drawn to Steve Jenkins' Stinkiest! Among the varmints
they will learn about are:
*European roller chicks who vomit an themselves to thwart would be
predators,
*ring-tailed lemurs who use their tails to fling stinky liquid at each
other in a fight,
and *sea hares, a kind of sea slug that protect themselves with yucky
slime and toxic ink.
But who is the stinkiest of all?
Read the book and find out.
On a personal note, I have one more week before I go back to dining
services. I really hope they let me work lunches so I can be with
Joey mornings and evenings. But I do have work part of this week.
I'll be getting paid to help clean up after clean sweep. We do a lot
of sorting and delivering. We pride ourselves on not letting donated
items go to waste.
A great shout out goes out to out jovial boss, Lisa.
jules hathaway



Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment