Saturday, June 15, 2013

Car Care For Women

Car Care For Women

I am very bothered by the fact that even now in the twenty-first
century a lot of women who drive still feel that car maintenance and
repair can be outsourced to the male of the species. The way I see
it, no one should drive solo unless she knows at least the most basic
emergency repairs, particularly in a rural state like Maine. Also a
car is a serious financial investment. Taking good care of it can
keep it running better longer. Seems like a no brainer to me. If my
eyesight was good enough to allow me to drive I'd study Jamie Little
and Danielle McCormick's Essential Car Care For Women.
I think what is best about this beautifully organized book is it
gets right down to the nitty gritty. You learn not only what to do,
but why. There are lots of pictures and detailed diagrams.
Procedures are broken down into basic steps. The tone is upbeat and
empowering.
The authors have set out to instruct women in "everything they
need to know about owning and maintaining a car." They accomplish this
goal admirably. This book can pay for itself many times over, not to
mention being a great investment in safety.
Moms and dads of new drivers--I can't think of a better gift.
On a personal note, today was the yard sale to raise money for the Orono
Bog Walk. It is an amazing place. Wooden walkways allow people to
enjoy a beautiful and delicate green space without harming it.
A great big shout out goes out to Jim Bird and his legion of minions
whose hard work and dedication preserve this very precious space for
us to enjoy.
Julia Emily Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment