Thursday, July 26, 2018

Small Walt

Small Walt

Picture book
Fans of The Little Engine That Could and children who are on the
short side will really love Elizabeth Verdick's Small Walt.
It's a cold, stormy night. The city plows stand waiting for
drivers. Walt, the runt of the litter, is chosen first. But:
"My name is Walt.
I plow and salt.
They say I'm small.
I'll show them all."
And he certainly does.
The lively upbeat narrative and machine sounds make Small Walt
an ideal any time read aloud. But come winter this charming book may
inspire kids to get outside and help parents shovel snow, turning
boring chore into quality time.
On a personal note, I can identify with Walt's desire to show them
all. Because of my size people have a habit of underestimating my
strength and stamina.
A great big shout out goes out to my fellow shorties.
jules hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment