Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Hockey Then To Now

Hockey Then To Now

Juvenile nonfiction
"Hockey, like baseball, evolved from games originally played on
grass in the British Isles. When the sport crossed the Atlantic, it
quickly took hold in Canada, particularly in Montreal, where people
began playing field hockey on ice with a flat piece of wood in lieu of
a ball in the 1870's.
Since that time, techniques, equipment, rules, and even fashions
have evolved as the game extended its reach across the globe. Still,
much of that 19th century game is recognizable today."
My husband loves to watch the University of Maine Black Bears
take to the ice. Especially in cold weather states, ice hockey can be
a fun sport to play or watch. If it's your cup of tea, perhaps you'd
like to learn more about its colorful history. Sports Illustrated's
Hockey Then to Now is your ticket.
Informstion is concise and comprehensive. You get the scoop on
rules, equipment, styles, and arenas. There are biographies of famous
players and coaches. Needless to say the photographs are plentiful
and dynamic.
On a personal note, today should be interesting. On my way to work
I'm taking Joey to the vets for his annual shave, his little lion
cut. They leave the fur on his head, legs, and tail. It's health,
not vanity. His fur is really long and thick. He will feel so much
better. I saved up enough so I won't have to touch the credit card.
It took me about two months. Since I can't drive, I'll walk him over,
jump on the bus to UMaine, work my shift, bus back, pick him up, and
walk home. I must make both buses. Wish me luck!
A great big shout out goes out to Joey and all our beloved animal
companions who need help coping with the heat.
jules hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment