Friday, July 5, 2019

Remembering Vera

Remembering Vera

Picture book
Dog lovers, Patricia Polacco sure has a treat for you!
Remembering Vera is the story of a stray puppy who became an honorary
member of the Coast Guard.
Davie and his friends decided to keep a puppy on base. They
took good care of her and taught her tricks. They kept her presence a
secret from the the commander.
Then the Coast Guard got a distress call. A boat was sinking
fast under hazardous rescue conditions. The commander discovered Vera
under less than auspicious circumstances and was not a happy camper...
...only Vera might be the only hope for the men on the rapidly
sinking boat...
...Read the book and see what happens.
On a personal note, I had a good 4th of July. Eugene and I went to
the barbeque at his mother's house. Adam and Asia came up from
Westbrook which was really nice. The food, especially the steak, was
delish. Later Eugene and I went to the fireworks. They were amazing!
My favorites were the fizzy gold ones.
Of course I also spent time with good Joey cat and wrote some kick ass
seditious poetry.
A great big shout out goes out to my SIL Cheryl for providing the
feast, Adam and Asia for the distance driving, Eugene for taking me
where I needed to go, and Joey for being the best little cat in the
world and loving me.
jules hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment