Saturday, June 1, 2019

Hello Lighthouse

Hello Lighthouse

Picture book
"On the highest rock of a tiny island
at the edge of the world stands a lighthouse.
It is built to last forever.
Sending its light out to sea,
guiding the ships on their way."
At a time when most lighthouses are fully automated, Sophie
Blackwell's Hello Lighthouse is a real treasure. It introduces
younger readers and listeners to a very unique lifestyle, one often
shared by whole families including up to eleven children. Sparse text
and beautiful illustrations (my favorite one shows the northern
lights) make this knowledge accessible to even preschoolers. More
detailed information is presented at the back. I didn't know some of
the facts.
Hello Lighthouse is a very wise acquisition for school and
public libraries...
...especially in a sea surrounded state like Maine.
On a personal note: I took a walk to take in two yard sales this
morning. Other than Clean Sweep they were my first this year. The
season is getting off to a slow start due to the unusual amount of
rain. It's one of my seasonal delights. Even if there's nothing I
want it's fun to look. And every year I find some treasures.
A great big shout out goes out to the people who put so much work into
running yard and garage sales.
jules hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment