Sunday, July 7, 2024

If You'll Have Me (YA graphic novel)

With the ILL drought going into a second month now I'm looking more carefully at my home library's recent acquisitions. Recently I spent some time in the YA and juvenile graphic novels. I was delighted to see that two of the YA ones take place in higher education settings. High school students, especially those who will be the first in their family to attend, want some idea of what's on the horizon.
Eunnie's If You'll Have Me is a a sweet rom com with prospective partners who could not be more of a mismatch. Momo is incredibly innocent and naive. She's a quiet, studious, girl. Her classmates count on her to get them out of jams. She sometimes wonders if that's the only reason her friends like her. PG has a love 'em and leave 'em player reputation. She's far more sophisticated and worldly wise than Momo.
So why can't they stay out of each other's lives? Can their relationship possibly survive?
On a purrrsonal note, my July 4th was surprisingly fun. Eugene and I went to the cookout at his family's home. The food was good. But I really missed my kids and their significant others. I wasn't sure if Eugene would go to the fireworks which are my favorite part of the day. I was so glad he did. We watched them sitting on the tailgate of his truck and had a great view. An unexpected surprise was the outdoor concert that was already in progress when we arrived several hours early to get a good spot. The weather was perfect. The music was fabulous.
A great big shout out goes out to all who contributed to the great festivities on the Bangor Waterfront.
Jules Hathaway

No comments:

Post a Comment