Thursday, July 6, 2023

A Night To Die For

YA chiller 
     "Can you do me a favor?  Don't say anything to anyone about what you heard last night.  I  will reveal all to you soon, I promise.
     Our secret for now, okay?  People wouldn't understand.  I really don't want to be 'that girl.'
     Love you to the moon and back.
    Mirabelle"
     It's late at night.  Prom has morphed into after parties.  A police officer has rolled on a noise complaint.  He stops when he sees a boy still in formal attire standing near a ditch.  At the bottom of the ditch is the body of Mirabelle, the Prom Queen.
     So not what you expect to happen on what's billed as one of the most special days of your life.
     Mario is the boy who finds her body.  Although he wasn't her date, he was Prom King.  He becomes the imprisoned prime suspect.
     Only Parker, Mirabelle's prom date and boyfriend, had opportunity and possible motive.  She'd broken up with him when he'd dropped her off at her house and then set off for a mystery location.  
     Not to mention Mirabelle had been meeting up with a mystery person.
     And was Elena, Mario's date, really passed out in his car?
     The fast paced story alternately takes the perspectives of the main characters, their family members, and the lead investigator.  Many are grief stricken.  Some are angry.  Some have quite a bit to hide.  Can you figure out who done it before the end of Lisa Schroeder's A Night To Die For?
On a purrrsonal note, I was working in the Upward Bound swap shop yesterday.  I had about five big bags of new clothes to put away.  But before I did that I had to refold a lot of clothes.  I was very pleased but not surprised that people are taking things.  I really worked hard to sort out what to bring from the clothes room and set it up attractively.
Teens + carefully curated clothes = love ❤️ 😍 💖 ❣️ 💕 💘!!!  (Jules)
We 🐈 😻 🐈‍⬛️ 🐱 don't need clothes.  Some let their people dress them up.  NOT ME!!! (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to this summer's Upward Bound students 
Tobago and Jules Hathaway 



Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment