Sunday, January 29, 2023

Black Out

YA short stories 
     "This book was born during the COVID-19 pandemic.  The world paused and we all felt like we were in a metaphorical blackout, fumbling around in the dark, trying to make sense of everything happening around us.  But out of the chaos came this light, this beautiful little love, our novel."
     This light consists of teen love stories by some of today's most amazing Black YA authors.  They're all set in the Big Apple during a blackout.  Common characters create a tangible sense of community among them.
*In Tiffany Jackson's The Long Walk Tammi learns  that she'll be competing with an ex boyfriend for an internship she really needs.  But when they have to walk home in the dark together...
     ...maybe he isn't totally in her past.
*In Nic Stone's Mask Off JJ and Tremain work on achieving honest communication in a blacked out subway car.
*In Ashley Woodfolk's Made To Fit a subterfuge on the part of her grandfather sets Nella, who doesn't feel ready for a new relationship, up with a dynamic duo: gorgeous Joss and her therapy dog, Ziggy.
and *In Nicola Yoon's Seymour & Grace a Ryde driver may be more than paid transportation.
     If Black Out can captivate a reader like me who is very picky when it comes to romance I imagine it will engage just about everyone.  Try it.  I think you'll more than like it.
On a purrrsonal note, it's my son, Adam's birthday.  My baby is 26!!!  And I actually refrained from singing Sunrise Sunset when I called.  I'm so proud of him!  (Jules)
He's my human brother.  He's coming to visit next weekend.  I can hardly wait to see him!!! (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to our Adam.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway 



Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment