Monday, December 26, 2022

She Drives Me Crazy

YA fiction 
     "I try not to look at Tally now as she bounds down the court in her new gold jersey, but it's like pretending the sun doesn't exist.  She pulls her lips into her mouth like she's trying to keep a neutral expression, but I can tell she's thrilled with how this game is going.  It validates every reason for transferring to a school with a better basketball program, a school where she could finally be noticed."
     Scottie, protagonist of Kelly Quindlen's She Drives Me Crazy, hasn't gotten over ex girlfriend Tally breaking up with her when their basketball teams, archrivals, meet on the court.  She can't focus on the game.  Her team loses big time.
     As if that's not enough to sour a night, Scottie is involved in a minor car accident.  She's got a cheer leader nemesis, Irene, who once had her car towed from a party as a prank.  That's exactly the mean girl who backs into her.
     Scottie's mother decides that she should drive Irene to and from school while her car is in the shop.  At first Scottie hates the idea.  But she quickly realizes that Irene might come in handy.  Scottie has become determined to defeat Tally's team when they meet again on the court.  She learns some information about Irene that she might be able to leverage to get her to help with her plan.  What could possibly go wrong?
     Read the book and see.
On a purrrsonal note, I had a wonderful Christmas.  Santa dropped by while Eugene and I were down for a long winter's nap.  I guess we made the nice list.  I got some really sweet gifts from family members.  Eugene and I dropped in on the party at the in-laws' house.  We saw Katie and Jacob there.  I'd talked to Adam on the phone.  He plans to come up before the next semester starts.  After the party we stopped by Amber and Brian's place.  Then we went to look at the Christmas lights.  I took some pictures.  Even though we do every year this beautiful tradition never loses its magic.  So it was a purrrfect Christmas. (Jules)
I got a really cool catnip mouse and cat treats and lots of attention.  I love Christmas.  (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to family near and far.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway 



Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment