Friday, December 10, 2021

Remember Me

Remember Me

YA fiction
"All of my life I have done what was expected of me, and once I
become Mrs. Lon Van Oirschot, my last vestiges of independence will
disappear altogether. But I still have my memories. I still have
island days and island nights and the image of a boy who looked out at
the world and saw only me."
The year is 1907. Auralea is headed for a grand hotel where
she, her parents, and her little brother will spend the summer with
her fiancé and his parents and business associates prior to tying the
knot. She looks forward to her wedding day like a condemned prisoner
anticipates their date with the electric chair. Lon is an
egotistical, privileged bully. And the marriage has nothing to do
with her potential happiness. Her father lost a lot of money. A
union with the Van Oirschots will keep the parents to maintain their
very privileged life style.
"Your brain is, for lack of a better term, he said during our
first meeting, misfiring. We need to speak logic and truth to
everything you're experiencing. In essence, we need to train your
brain to see the world for what it truly is, instead of allowing it to
accept the flasehoods it keep conjuring up."
The year is 2019. Nell has been in therapy for years. Her
mother died suddenly and tragically in an airplane that crashed to
earth. Only she continued to see her. Now she and her father are
moving for his new job. He's in the hospitality industry. Can you
guess where they end up?
The Winslow Grand Hotel, the setting of Chelsea Bobulski's
Remember Me, ties the two narrative strands together. A tragic murder-
suicide has set a curse in motion, one that results in heartbreak
every sixteen years. Can it finally be broken and a more than century
old romance finally be allowed to flourish?
Well, there's only one way to find out.
On a purrrsonal note, Sunday afternoon I was pretty sure we'd be
waiting another week to get a tree. Then I just about walked into one
in the living room. I didn't even hear Eugene bring it in. It is
huge and gorgeous. And well anchored since we share the house with a
cat who might get climbing ideas (Jules)
Who? Me? (Tobago)
Your first year. Remember? (Jules)
Well that was when I was little. Now I iz a sophisticated feline of
the world. (Tobago)
Eugene bought new lights and they are gorgeous. (I do, though, miss
the ones we used when the kids lived here and precious Joey was
alive.) Now we're putting ornaments on. (Jules)
We haz our tree!!! We haz our tree!!! YASSS!!! (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to Eugene.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment