Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Clean Getaway

Clean Getaway

Juvenile fiction
Because of an incident at his school "Scoob" (William) has been
grounded by his strict father. So when G'ma (his grandmother) shows
up in a brand new RV and invites him to go on "a little adventure" it
feels like a get out of jail card.
After awhile, though, Scoob is having second thoughts. G'ma
doesn't seem like her familiar, beloved self. She's treating him more
like a peer than a grandchild. She keeps calling him by the name his
father and deceased grandfather shared. She won't answer any of his
dad's frantic calls and emails. She keeps switching license plates on
the RV.
And what's up with G'ma being a possible jewel thief?
Clean Getaway combines a suspenseful narrative with a wealth of
information on the Green Book and why it was so necessary not that
long ago.
On a purrrsonal note, it was another purrrfect weather day, sunny and
breezy. I was able to volunteer at Orono Public Library for the first
time since oh, snap, pandemic! I was so happy to be back. And the
librarians were some happy to see me. The only hitch (which was a
happy one) was that with so many new books I kept finding ones I just
had to read. When I realized I had too many for one backpack I bought
a second at the thrift shop. Only I ended up with so many my friend
Emily and her daughter Stuart gave me a ride home. They visited cute
little Tobago. (Jules)
Of course they did. They love me. (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to the Orono Public Library community.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment