Saturday, May 1, 2021

The Daughters of Foxcote Manor

The Daughters of Foxcote Manor

Adult mystery
The 1970s Harringtons are a family whose posh life style many
people would envy. But as Eve Chase's The Daughters of Foxcote Manor
begins all is not well with the clan. Mom Jeannie had to be
hospitalized following a still birth. A year later she is far from
well. This is taking a toll on her children, Hera and Teddy. Nanny
Rita has her hands full keeping track of two very lively charges while
doing her best to comfort and stabilize their mother...
...and somehow keep Walter, Jeannie's away on business husband,
from discovering that his best friend, Don, is having an affair with
his distraught wife or that an abandoned infant has been found and
Jeannie refuses to turn it in to the authorities.
Present day Sylvia has ended a marriage that she'd felt would
last forever. She's having a hard time communicating with her beloved
only child, Annie, who has become a pregnant teen. The child's father
(according to Annie) is showing no interest in being a baby daddy.
His mother is convinced that terminating the pregnancy would be in
everyone's best interests...
...while Sylvia's beloved mother lies in a hospital in a coma
from which no one can be sure she'll ever return.
What do these two families have to do with each other or with a
sinister falling down manor closely surrounded by a deep, dark, and
seemingly malevolent forest?
I guess you'll have to read the book to find out.
On a purrrsonal note, I have wonderful news! I found out my
statistics grade for this semester. I got A like last semester. And
both semesters were online. My computer skills sure are improving. I
am in full on celebration mode. (Jules)
Nothing says celebration like tuna. (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to my professor Craig who conveyed not
only his topic but its magic and allure brilliantly. I am well
prepared and inspired to incorporate my new skills into my own research.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway



Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment