Wednesday, December 23, 2020

No Bad Deed

No Bad Deed

Adult mystery
"If my kids had been with me, it wouldn't have happened. I would have
stayed in the minivan, doors locked, windows rolled up. Just like the
911 operator instructed."
Driving home late at night, Cassie, protagonist of Heather
Chavez's No Bad Deed, comes upon a horrifying sight--a man killing a
helpless woman. The 911 operator she calls instructs her to stay in
her vehicle. But she's a vetinarian with a saving life mind set. She
comes to the woman's aid. The assailant makes her a strange and
ominous offer. If she lets his victim die he'll let her live.
Cassie's spur-of-the-moment decision has huge consequences for
her. When the assailant hears sirens he absconds with her car
containing her purse. He has all the information he needs to come
after her and her family.
The police assure Cassie that Carver, the bad guy, won't be
going anywhere near her house.
But the next night, Halloween, Cassie's husband, Sam,
disappears. He might be having an affair. Their relationship has
been fraying a bit lately. There are allegations that Sam, a high
school teacher has given pretty girls a rather sick option for getting
better grades.
But he also may have been kidnapped. He may not be the only
family member in deadly peril.
If a fast packed thriller that keeps you on the edge of your
seat is your idea of a good read you don't want to miss out on No Bad
Deed.
On a purrrsonal note, this is a very special day for the Hathaway
family. It's Tobago's fourth birthday and first adoption
anniversary. A year ago I was dreading my first Christmas after Joey
cat's death. My manager, Anna, drove me to Waterville Humane
Society. A beautiful black and white cat with luminescent gold eyes
grabbed my arm (and heart) and wouldn't let go. The year between
those two days has been one of learning and adapting to and repeatedly
falling in love with all aspects of Tobago's uniqueness. The closest
experience in my life has been bringing my babies home from the
hospital. It's also encompassed much of a pandemic I would probs not
be surviving without my little friend. (Jules)
Yasss! It's my birthday. We is going to celebrate with tuna. I
decree that everyone give themselves a treat to celebrate the special
day that is my birthday. (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to all who give rescue animals homes
and the special buddies who fill their hearts with unconditional love.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment