Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Bad Girls Don't Die

Bad Girls Don't Die

YA Thriller
Alexis, protagonist of Katie Alender's Bad Girls Don't Die, is
facing a number of of challenges.
She's on her own at school. She'd believed that she and her
best friend, Beth, would be there for each other forever, or at least
through high school. But after an acrimonious parental divorce and a
cruel incident at school Beth and her mother took off for Florida,
leaving Alexis the sworn enemy of the cheerleaders and their minions.
She's not all that crazy about the one group that accepts her. "I
mean just because you don't want to be a cookie cutter clone doesn't
mean you have to wear a spiky collar and dress like a vampire
wannabe...". She's also on the radar of her principal, Mrs. Ames...
...and not in a good way.
Alexis lives in one of those houses that carry echoes from bad
things that have happened in the past. Appliences operate when they
shouldn't. Spooky lights with no sources appear. Doors open and shut
on their own. Not exactly home sweet home.
Alexis' family is not really functioning well. Her desperately
striving for a promotion mother is always at or preoccupied with
work. Her father isn't around much either. Not surprisingly neither
of them notices that Kasey, Alexis' doll obsessed younger sister, may
be crossing the line between quirky and demon possessed. She begins
doing strange things like stealing her classmates' ancestor reports
and marking up Alexis' yearbook.
Alexis' father is in a car accident. The police suspect foul
play. The wires to the brakes have been cut.
Is there anything Alexis can do to prevent tragedies as Kasey
seems to morph into or at least share her body with an evil green eyed
entity?
Read the book and see.
On a purrrsonal note, it looks like 2020 is well on the way out. I
sure hope 2021 is a lot better and the start of a road back to semi
normal. Tobago and I have all we need for our big New Years Eve
party. I'm going to cook a nice steak dinner for me and Eugene. Then
Tobago and I will stay up to midnight to see the ball drop. We've got
books and candy. Party on!
You probably want to know my resolutions. I already started getting
better about exercise in October. So I'm resolving to continue to
excel academically and work toward my degree as much as I can. I sure
hope I can do an internship fall semester. Oh, yeah, and get up to
1900 reviews. (Jules).
New Years Resolutions? I resolve to continue to be adorable and sweet
and keep my family happy and our home mouse free. (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to you, our readers, with best wishes
for a safe and happy New Years Eve.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway




Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment