Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Dork Diaries: Tales From A NOT-SO-Best Friend Forever

Dork Diaries: Tales From A NOT-SO-Best Friend Forever

Yes, readers, when I got my hands on the latest volume in
Rachel Renee Russell's Dork Diaries series I immediately set aside my
APA citation laden professional reading to enjoy it. I felt no guilt
whatsoever. Anyone who screams "NOOOOOOO!!!" when her higher
education theories class is cancelled by snow and sees creating
annotated bibliographies as fun is a fellow dork by anyone's definition.
Nikki, Russell's protagonist, is going to have the best summer
ever. For a month she and her band are about to tour with and open
for an extremely popular (and crush worthy) band, Bad Boyz. What
could possibly go wrong? How about:
*enemy Mackenzie plotting to have her rich father put Nikki's crush,
Brandon's grandparents' animal shelter, Fuzzy Friends, out of business;
*the band's chaperone being a "crazy dragon lady";
and *worst of all, Mackenzie getting in on the tour as an intern and
becoming Nikki's roommate.
Will Nikki survive her dream summer?
Read the book and see.
On a purrrsonal note, just when I thought things couldn't get worse--
hello, allergy season! (Jules)
At least she is not allergic to cats. Now that would be tragic (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to musicians.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment