Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Grumpy Cat: A Grumpy Book

Grumpy Cat: A Grumpy Book

Cat lovers
You probably have heard of Grumpy Cat, the Internet sensation
who left the world much too soon this past summer. In case you
haven't, Grumpy Cat was born with curmudgeonly (but still really cute)
features and a cantankerous expression and acquired by a human
companion with a knack for online promotion.
When I heard of a print volume on this cyber star I just had to
seek it out by inter library loan. It's a guidebook for people why
haven't fully embraced their inner grouches.
"You see true grumpiness comes from inside--you have to feel it
down to your core. Even if you weren't born with it like me, however,
you can still acquire a grumpy mindset. This book will help you
achieve that."
Ummm, I'm not so sure about that. I found myself smiling and
laughing. Why don't you see what the book does for you while I seek
out other volumes featuring this fabulous feline?
On a purrrsonal note, I am SOOOO missing my far from grumpy Joey cat,
especially with Halloween, which was one of our big holidays, coming
up. I'm hoping Old Town Animal Orphanage will be able to find me a
cuddle cat by Thanksgiving or at least Christmas break. I don't want
to dread Christmas break but weeks of being alone during the darkest
part of the year. I can't even get excited about decorating a year.
A new cat will never replace Joey in my heart. But he or she will
save my sanity. And I have a loving home to offer. Sadly most
shelter cats don't get any kind of home. The new cat will have an
Internet presence, not to beguile thousands of strangers, but to share
with my many friends on and off campus.
A great big shout out goes out to the best little cat in the world who
made not just holidays, but every day something special.
jules hathaway



Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment