Saturday, May 14, 2016

Good Night Truck

Good Night Truck

Picture book
Young children are not always eager to settle down to sleep when
parents want to tuck them in. I know from experience. Maybe you do
too. Sometimes the just right night time story makes a world of
difference. Sally Odgers' Good Night Truck would be an excellent
choice for youngsters enamoured of big machines.
In the first part of the book the cast is introduced: a truck
hauling a load, a digger making a hole for a swimming pool, a boat
sailing in the harbor, and a rocket zooming through space. After a
day of work they all retire contentedly for a well earned rest...
...the truck tucked in beside a sleeping child. Text and
pictures combine to form a lovely tribute to that time of day right
between wakefulness and slumber.
On a personal note, the Veazie Community School just had its spring
buy one/get one free Scholastic book sale. I have such precious
memories from all the years I had kids in the school...like the year
my son won a contest and bought me a cat poster. The sale was going
on the night of school committee. I bought a couple of sweet angel
cat journals which I will surely be able to put to good use.
A great big shout out goes out to Gail Harrison, Veazie Community
School's very talented librarian, year book advisor, and book sale
hostess with the mostest. You go, Girl!
jules hathaway



Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment