Monday, April 19, 2021

Dead Ringer

Dead Ringer

Adult mystery/thriller
Try to imagine this nightmare come to life scenario. You run a
close-as-family law firm. Suddenly you're struggling financially,
scrambling to find funds to keep the office lights on and pay your
pregnant secretary and three associates. Office eviction proceedings
have already started. It's no fault of yours. A recession has caused
former clients to no longer be able to afford your services.
I think that would be enough challenge for anyone. Evidently
Lisa Scottoline, mystery author extrodinaire, didn't see the situation
that way. In Dead Ringer protagonist Bennie Rosato also has to cope
with potentially career derailing false accusations. A group of
judges sees her thrown out of a restaurant got drinking too much and
causing a scene. She's arrested for stealing diamond earrings.
There's only one person who could pull that off: Bennie's twin
sister. Alice has a life long score to settle. She may just be
getting started.
To top all that off, the client who may hold the key to her
firm's financial solvency is found murdered. The local police are so
enamoured with their theory (another rich foreigner slaying) they
refuse to look in any other direction...
...which leaves Bennie to search for the truth in a world that
includes some sinister players.
Reading Dead Ringer is like going on a big old roller coaster
with no seat belt, a total delight for true mystery fans.
Actually all Scottoline's works are mystery/thriller gold.
Before this pandemic ends I'll try to read and review every book she's
written. I have my inter library loan connections and a courier to
deliver me the goods.
My 2021 wish for Scottoline is may the muses be with you!!!
Know that each new release of yours will send the kids (your readers)
into a reading frenzy!
On a purrrsonal note, I hope you had a great weekend. I sure did.
Saturday morning Eugene and I went grocery shopping. I picked out
gourmet chocolates and a really cute shirt to celebrate how well I'm
doing in statistics. Eugene paid. After we put up the food we went
to Old Town Trading Post. I was able to buy a gift card for Eugene.
Our 32nd anniversary is coming up in July and I want to give him a
bunch of gifts. OTTP is his favorite store. Then Eugene asked if
there was any store I wanted to go to. We did a Goodwill run. I
lucked out. Five shirts and two books for me and a book for Eugene's
anniversary gift. Sunday Tobago and I attended zoom church. Tobago
seems to like church. She sings the hymns. Later we cashed in $18.50
worth of cans and bottles for Tobago's savings account. And later I
had phone chats with all my children. The week is starting out
great. It's sunny enough for me to hand laundry and read outside. My
advisor thinks my summer plans look great. (Jules)
It's always good to have money in the credit union. You never know
what will happen. I never saw the pandemic coming. (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to our friends at Old Town Trading
Post, a local community store where they're glad to see you even if
you don't spend a cent.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment