Thursday, March 4, 2021

The Bad Daughter

The Bad Daughter

Adult Mystery
"You want complicated? I'll give you complicated: my parents
were married for thirty-four years, during which time my father
cheated on my mother with every skank who caught his roving eye,
including my best friend, Tara, whom he married five short months
after my mother died. And, just to make matters truly interesting, at
the time, Tara was engaged to my brother, Alec..."
At the moment these thoughts cross her mind, Robin, protagonist
of Joy Fieldings' The Bad Daughter, has no idea that her life is about
to become much more complicated. Her caustic sister, Melanie, whom
she hasn't talked to in six years, calls with grim news. Their Dad,
Tara, and her 12-year-old daughter from a previous marriage, Cassidy,
have been shot and are clinging to life.
Robin returns to the small town, Red Bluff, she fled following
her father's wedding, to stay with Melanie and her uncommunicative
son, Landon. She arrives to learn that Tara is dead. Her dad is in a
coma and not expected to wake up.
Cassidy, however, regains consciousness and lucidity. She tells
the sheriff that the shooters were big men wearing ski masks. She
didn't recognize either. In fact she isn't sure there wasn't a third.
Although the crime looks like a badly botched home invasion, as
she stays on, Robin becomes less convinced that it isn't something
more personal. Everyone, including sister dearest, has secrets.
Plenty has motive and opportunity, including, sadly, her beloved
brother.
Fans of roller coaster thrillers packed with twists and turns
will find The Bad Daughter to be a must read.
On a purrrsonal note, I got my first vaccine today. I was amazed by
how efficiently it all went. My next one will be in three weeks.
(Jules)
She got back safe. What? She gotta go back? (Tobago)
Great big shout outs go out to all the people making the vaccine
process run to smoothly, Adam for making my appointment, and Ed for
driving.
Just remember we aren't out of the woods any time. So if your state
goes dumb ass enough to lift rules too fast feel free to be sensible.
We want you to stay alive and healthy.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment