Friday, January 27, 2023

Swim Team

Juvenile graphic novel 
     "Have you learned how to swim yet?  No?  Then what are you going to do during fourth period?  You're going to be so embarrassed.  This is going to be the worst day ever."
     Bree, protagonist of Johnnie Christmas' Swim Team, has moved with her father to Florida.  She's excited to start a new school where she already has a friend...
     ...until she finds out that the only open fourth period elective is swim class.  She's terrified of swimming.  She starts cutting fourth period.
     Meanwhile her new school's swim team, the Mighty Manatees, is in hot water.  If they don't do better in competition their school will lose its pool.
     It seems that the two need to join up to solve their crises.  But how is this even possible?
     There's one way to find out.
     Swim Team will fly off library shelves.  Young readers will relate to Bree.  With her expressive face and her fears and negative self talk written out in grey clouds she's a shero kids will really relate to.  
On a purrrsonal note, today is the beautiful end to a great second week of spring semester.  We had pancakes cooked right in the commuter lounge.  Mmm mmm good!  I got an email from our school president concerning our talk at her open house.  I've never before heard of it happening!!!  In the interest of networking I'll have to check out the popcorn in the multicultural lounge a little later.
I hope you have a great weekend to look forward to.  I do.  Two days of no winter commuting!  A friend is going to take me out for coffee.  Otherwise it's me and my best little cat in the world.  (Jules)
That's me.  The gorgeous one.  (Tobago)
A great big shout goes out to our readers with best wishes for a sensational weekend!
Tobago and Jules Hathaway 



Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment