Tuesday, November 7, 2017

I'm A Girl

I'm A Girl

Picture book
"I'm supposed to be nice...
all sugar and spice...
but I'm sweet and sour!
not a little flower!"
The protagonist of Yasmeen Ismail's I'm A Girl delights in
riding fast, being spontaneous as in stripping to her undies and
jumping into a pool, learning, and playing loud music. There's only
one problem. Everyone she encounters mistakes her for a boy.
What's a girl to do?
Read the book and see.
With short sentences that can be read with plenty of expression
and vivid, dynamic pictures, this is a good selection for really young
kids who are starting to wrap their minds around what being a boy or
girl is all about.
On a personal note, I'm loving my life: family, cat, friends, school,
church, the groups I participate it, my library books, my cute
clothes... There's just one thing I'm not crazy about: daylight
savings time. It gets too dark too early. Everyone I talk to
agrees. I heard somewhere Massachusetts is not observing it this
year. I hope Maine joins in next year.
Wish me luck. I donate blood tomorrow, inshallah (God willing).
A great big shout out to the family members (including Joey cat) and
friends who add so much joy to my life.
jules hathaway




Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment