Thursday, November 30, 2017

Good Night, Firefly

Good Night, Firefly

Picture book
"Nina was scared of the dark,
so it was good she had a night light,
which made things better.
Then one night..."
You probably guessed what happened. A little girl peers
fearfully at a scary, evil looking tree shadow. Her mom (who
obviously wasn't me) and dad are sleeping too soundly to be of any help.
What's a girl to do? There are fireflies lighting up the
night. And our resourceful heroine has a glass jar.
Gabriel Alborozo's Good Night, Firefly will charm children who
fear the dark and adults who can remember being afraid of the dark and
still may be spleeny under certain circumstances. When I was in
college the woods path to the president's family's house where some of
my best chums roomed always was twice as long and full of scary
shadows and noises after darkness fell.
On a personal note, I was involved in two lively discussions of
perfection yesterday: at Mind Spa and Wilson Center. I am starting
to get a little anxious about grad school. Will this be the year they
accept my much less than perfect self?
A great big shout out goes out to my Mind Spa and Wilson Center chums.
jules hathaway



Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment