Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Deadliest Creature In The World

The Deadliest Creature In The World

Picture book
Youngsters who find nature red in tooth and claw fascinating
will love reading Brenda Z. Guiberson's The Deadliest Creature In The
World.
A number of creatures, seemingly competing for the title,
present their lethal attributes. Among them:
*a gaboon viper claims to have the longest fangs and most venom;
*an anopheles mosquito reminds judges of the millions of people who
die every year through its transmission of maleria;
*and a stone fish brags on its camoflauge ability and lethal venom.
Readers are invited to judge for themselves.
Unfortunately the truly deadliest creature--the only one that
routinely sends whole species to extinction--is not profiled. I
wonder why.
On a personal note, I had my special crafts day with Amber and Brian.
This is always my biggest Christmas gift from them. I worked on a new
counted cross stitch project while Amber started making a rag doll and
Brian worked on a computer game. Adam and Asia came other with
Beans. I got to meet my new little grandkitten. He is grey and white
with big green eyes...totally adorable. That was a for sure quality
time day to treasure!
A great big shout out goes out to my children, their significant
others, and my grandcats: Archie and Beans.
jules hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment