Wednesday, April 6, 2016

There's a Giraffe in My Soup

There's a Giraffe in My Soup

Picture book
We've all heard of the proverbial restaurant complaint: there's
a fly in my soup. The young narrator of Ross Burach's There's a
Giraffe in My Soup should be so lucky. His experience puts quite a
new spin on the line.
Everytot rides his Big Wheels to a restaurant, hungry for tomato
soup. His first bowl contains a giraffe. In his second there's what
looks like a frog and turns out to be a hungry alligator. You get a
veritable menagerie in the ensuing pages.
This delightful book is a must for the toddler/preschool
library. The text, particularly the lines of the beleagurered waiter,
will have even the most restrained read alouder hamming it up. This
volume is one that will stay delightful while being requested over and
over.
On a personal note, last week's Wilson Center was great. In addition
to the usual scrumptious meal, we had a fascinating discussion of
Islam. I met the cutest Islamic baby.
A great big shout out goes out to the students who were gracious
enough to share their faith with us.
Jules Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment