Tuesday, May 17, 2022

I'm A Virus

I'm A Virus

Picture book
It's sad to realize that our youngest children can't remember a
pre COVID world. Their lives have been tempest tossed--riding on the
ups and downs not only of contagion numbers but also societal
changes. For many this can be quite confusing.
Luckily Bridget Heos' I'm a Virus! breaks down the concept of
virus in a way that will make sense to the preschool set. Colorful
illustrations and lively text segue between a familiar scenario, a
friend coming down and suffering through a virus, and the action at
the molecular level. The virus villains look like video game
baddies. Their narrator lets kids know how they do their damage and
what can shut them down. It can give children more of a sense of
agency and hope.
This fine book is the first in a new Science Buddies series. I
can't wait to see what they come up with next.
On a purrrsonal note, I was able to join the Clean Sweep crew on
Monday. Clean Sweep is the yard sale all the other yard sales wish
they were. We fill the ice hockey arena with all the stuff students
leave in their dorms. This one is super special because it's the
first in three years. Monday we were mostly sorting clothes. It was
great to be finally working with my friends doing something that's
really fun. I found a bunch of clothes and other cool stuff. And I
sure do need the money for tuition! I wasn't about to let a dumb old
kidney stone sideline me. (Jules).
She even found cat treats. (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to this year's awesome Clean Sweep crew
and our fearless leader, Lisa!!!
Tobago and Jules Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment