Wednesday, April 6, 2022

This is my advisor's office door.  She has gained tenure which is the holy grail of academia.  I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.  She's a very engaging and inspiring teacher.  She does relevant research and handles all the behind the scenes faculty duties--all while raising a toddler during a pandemic.
I met her before I was accepted into the program.  We'd both attended a day long program on the horrors inflicted on indigenous peoples in Maine.  After it ended I was waiting for my ride.  She introduced herself and said after hearing me speak she really hoped I'd get a accepted.  So I was not surprised with my advisor assignment.  I am not many professor's ideal advisee.  I'm taking longer to get my degree.  I'm cleaning tables in dining rather than rocking a GA.  My professional interests diverge greatly from those of my peers.  I'm probably most known on campus for being drag royalty.  But every time we meet up in person or on zoom she is always so enthusiastic about who I am and where I'm going.  I wicked lucked out.



Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone

1 comment: