Sunday, April 10, 2022

Shop Cats of New York

Shop Cats of New York

Adult non fiction
Shop Cats of New York by Tamar Arslanian and Andrew Marttila is a
celebration of the cats that are the real proprieters of a wide
variety of stores and other establishments in the Big Apple. From
wine store through hotel and camping goods store to (of course) book
stores and even a dog boutique and grooming place they run the show.
The pictures are heart warming and gorgeous. The narratives are
touching and amusing.
It makes me want to visit NYC when the pandemic is a little more
over.
This very tender and poignant book can put cat lovers in a happy
place even on more stressful days.
On a purrrsonal note, my days right now are as stress free as
possible. In fact this week has been down right delightful. I'm not
sure my feet are touching the floor. Everywhere I go people are
telling me how wonderful I was at the drag show. And, yes, I love
that kind of attention. There was the blood drive going so well.
And, finally, something I'd been waiting over two years for: MY FIRST
IN PERSON CLASS!!! Zoom is adequate for learning. But it sucks for
getting to know people in your class and making friends. You only see
people when they ask or answer questions. You can't look around and
get clues about what they're like or have informal conversations. Now
there they were, live and in person!!! It was wonderful. I'd
wondered if they'd like me and was happy to discover they do. Now
they can be friends as well as classmates. However, I don't see in
person as a panacea. I think ideally classes should be hybrid or,
when this isn't possible, content should be available by zoom or
asynchronous. I know many people who have social anxiety or just want
to get their degrees and fly. (Jules)
Well of course they like her. What's not to like? (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to my in person classmates whom I can
finally know IRL.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment