Monday, November 16, 2020

Darling Rose Gold

Darling Rose Gold

Adult thriller
"How about a satisfaction so deep every inch of your skin
tingles? How about a different kind of happiness--the kind people who
have never been mistreated would call perverse?
When my mother got out of prison I knew she would want--no,
expect me to take her in. I'd gladly spend my hard earned cash to
screw with her while she lived under my roof, in her childhood
home...This time I was the one in control."
For eighteen years Patty Watts had sought help tirelessly for
her daughter, Rose Gold's myriad mysterious illnesses, consulting many
doctors, doing whatever they recommended. By the age of ten Rose Gold
was a frail waif in a wheelchair getting nutrients through a feeding
tube. The town considered Patty a saint: praying for her, comforting
her, and raising money to help with her daughter's medical expenses.
"My daughter didn't have to testify against me.
It's Rose Gold's fault I went to prison, but she's not the only
one to blame. If we're pointing fingers, mine are aimed at the
prosecutor and his overactive imagination, the gullible jury, and the
bloodthirsty reporters..."
It turned out that the neighbors were being scammed. Rose Gold
would have been perfectly healthy if Mommy Dearest hadn't been
poisoning and starving her cruelly and systematically. The legal term
the lawyers used was aggravated child abuse. Charged with a crime
most people consider unforgivable, not surprisingly, Patty ended up in
prison.
As Stephanie Wrobel's Darling Rose Gold opens Patty is being
released from prison. She's going to live with the daughter she
abused for eighteen years. The townspeople fear for Rose Gold. They
plan to keep an eye on that household, ready to pounce if Patty is up
to her old tricks. They don't realize that Rose Gold is no longer a
frail waif. She's a woman with a score to settle.
Oh, yeah, Rose Gold is now single parenting her baby son. Patty
is developing a strong interest in little Adam. Perhaps he is more
sickly than anyone else realizes. Perhaps she should take him away
from his negligent mother.
On a purrrsonal note, I hope you had a good weekend. I did. For the
most part I was home with Tobago. Quiet good times. I've hit the
point where I'm addicted to exercise. I feel jittery until I get to it.
Today I did my annual furniture moving project. I moved one bookcase
from the hall to the living room and one from Adam's old room to the
hall. I feel much more organized.
Today I started zoom seeing a counselor. I'm sure I don't have to
tell you this pandemic is stressful. So I'm talking to a professional
before what will be for me a bare bones holiday season. I feel that
this will be a proactive and positive way to gain more pandemic coping
skills. I'll see her again next week. (Jules)
I have discovered Teriyaki pork. My compliments to the chefs! (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to counselors and therapy dogs and cats.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway



Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment