Thursday, April 23, 2020

My Life In A Cat House

My Life In A Cat House

Adult nonfiction
"She was a grey-and-black tiger-striped tabby, with a white
belly and chest, white chin, and white "socks" on her lower legs and
feet. I marveled at her miniature perfection--the little pink pads of
her paws; the tiny, nearly imperceptible tufts of fur sprouting from
the tips of her ears; the wee feathery whiskers on each side of her
nose, as if an adult cat's features had been rendered into something
small enough to fit in a doll house..."
For Gwen Cooper, author of My Life In A Cat House, Scarlett was
the gateway feline. It was only a matter of time before she and
husband, Lawrence, were the only humans in a multi cat abode. As
writers working from home, they were able to observe and beautifully
capture the livliness, zaniness, and sometimes heart breaking sadness
of loving cats.
If you are a fan of felines you will enjoy this book.
On a purrrsonal note, I have some very exciting news. As of this
afternoon my brilliant daughter, Amber, has her PhD in physics. She
has worked dilligently to earn this honor. I couldn't possibly be
more proud of her! (Jules)
Fortunately she is not a vet. I would disown anyone who gave shots to
cats. And speaking of cats, I got the word from Northeast Animal
Shelter that kitten season is in full swing with lots of flooflets
waiting for furever homes. Is there anything cuter than a kitten?Of
course not! Adopt one and you will be the envy of your zoom set and
have a purrrfect coronavirus companion. (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to Dr. Amber Hathaway! You go, Girl!
Tobago and Jules Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment