Friday, April 10, 2020

Mr. Lemoncello's All-Star Breakout Game

Mr. Lemoncello's All-Star Breakout Game

Juvenile fiction
"But today there's be an extra special guest on Buzz: Mr. Luigi
L. Lemoncelo.
Rumor had it, Mr. L. was all set to make some sort of major
announcement.
Probably about a new game."
If the Lemoncello name sounds familiar, he's a recurring major
character in Chris Grabenstein's recent juvenile novels. He's a more
than slightly eccentric wealthy computer genius game inventor who
created a one of a kind technocentric library which is sometimes the
site of unusual live player team games. Mr. Lemoncello's All-Star
Breakout Game is the fine latest addition to this subgenre.
Everykid Kyle and his team of classmates have prevailed in every
game so far. But this competition is going to be intense. Wealthy
kiss up competitor Charles Chiltington has commandeered a crew of
eighth grade literature gifted and talenteds. And a third team of the
stars of popular juvenile tv shows has been added to the mix.
There's also a complication that has nothing to do with
technology. Catching a revealing glimpse into the life of his
nemesis, Kyle is able to develop empathy for Charles.
Fans of Grabenstein will find this volume to be a delightful
must read.
On a purrrsonal note, boy have I been on an adventure. Yesterday
started dreary and morphed into rain. About suppertime the rain
turned into snow. I hate, detest, loathe, and abhor April snow
because it endangers my daffodils. I put weighted upside down bins
over my finger tall daffodils even though I was just expecting a
dusting. The snow got heavy. Eugene went out to plow. Tobago got
frantic, pacing and yowling, wanting her dad home. I hardly got any
sleep. When I got up the power was out over a large area. UMAine had
an online snow day. I'd never before heard of such a thing. The
house was getting cold. I pulled fuzzy onsie pajamas over my shirt
and leggings. Eugene got home about noon. After he ate the sandwich I
made he went to sleep on the sofa. Tobago curled up with him--so glad
to have him home. I took cute pictures of them napping together.
Power and heat were restored by 3:00. That was some night and day.
(Jules)
Too much snow! Much too much snow! And my boy hooman had to go out
in it. I waited and waited. Night turned into day. It was a long
time before he came home. My girl hooman and I saw a special bird
called a robin red breast. It did not look happy with all that snow.
Get with it, Mother Nature. It's April already (Tobago)
A great big shout goes out to Eugene and robin red breast but not
Mother Nature.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment