Monday, September 11, 2023

Finding Papa

Picture book 
     Author Angela Pham Krans and artist Thi Bui had to flee Vietnam as very young children.  Their experiences are the basis for their poignant and deeply engaging Finding Papa.
     Mai loved to play a special game with her father.  One day he goes away and didn't come home at night.  Her mother says he's finding a new home for them.  For awhile there are only letters.  Then Mai and her mom set off from the only home Mai has ever known on a perilous journey to find him.
     Finding Papa will certainly help children feel empathy for refugees past and present in a country where too many people demonize them.
On a purrrsonal note, Sunday I really wanted to attend zoom church.  My attendance has been terrible.  But even when I don't go somewhere on Sunday there is so much I have to do.  Plus Tobago loves zoom church.  I was trying to decide what to do when I remembered my laptop is portable.  I could take it into the kitchen.  So I did some cleaning while Tobago and I participated.  I'm sure Paators Malcom and Mariah would rather have me washing dishes and folding laundry while listening to the sermon and singing hymns than not dropping in at all.  (Jules)
I was so happy to go to zoom church.  (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to Pastors M & M and our church family. 
Tobago and Jules Hathaway 



Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment