Saturday, September 2, 2023

Don't Tell A Soul

YA chiller 
     When we first meet Bram, protagonist of Kirsten Miller's Don't Tell A Soul, she's at a small town train station in the middle of a blizzard waiting for a ride to her new home.  She's moving due to necessity, not choice.  She was involved in a scandal.  Her own mother doesn't want her around.  Her Uncle James is the only one who will give her a place to stay.
     But Bram may be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.  Her uncle owns a large, gloomy mansion, one wing of which has recently suffered extensive fire damage under suspicious circumstances.  So many young women have mysteriously disappeared there they're generically called the dead girls.
     Only the dead aren't the only ones Bram is in danger from.  Lough is one of those small towns where people mind each other's business.  Its residents have strong opinions on what went on and should go on in the big house.  She might offend the wrong person.
     Not to mention that Uncle James has changed a lot since the last time Bram saw him.  How well does she really know him?
     From her first night in the big house Bram has found evidence of unseen beings.  Maybe the dead girls have never left.  Maybe they want her to join them.
On a purrrsonal note, the first week of school has been great for me.  I've dropped library volunteering until winter break.  We still have harvesting and cover cropping going on in the community garden.  I've started working with the student who is the new Commuter Lounge GA.  My first leadership and change class was Thursday.  It's going to be so good!  My favorite 😍 professor, Leah, and only five other students.  We are already having some great discussions.  After class I walked 🚶‍♀️ down College Ave. to the dinner 🍽 😋 and discussion at Wilson Center.  After the official program someone put great music 🎶 🎵 on and I got a lot of people dancing.  I live to dance.  (Jules)
And she got a safe ride home.  I live to have my family at home 🏡 ❤️ with me.  (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to Leah and my classmates and the Wilson Center crew.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway 



Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment