Monday, November 7, 2022

Little Bit Comes To America

Picture Book
    In Little Bit Comes To America, a true story by the way, author/illustrator Star Sherman introduces children to a very different kind of immigrant than they might see in the news.  Little Bit is a starving street dog.  One day a woman tends to her and builds up her strength for a journey...
     ...all the way from Turkey to Maine.  Children will love the happy ending where she becomes a farm dog with a fire to snooze in front of on cold nights and lots of space to chase butterflies.
On a purrrsonal note, we're just a little over two weeks away from Thanksgiving break.  I'm looking forward to seeing a couple of my kids on turkey day although not getting up early and waiting 11 hours.  But I'm even more excited about right before break when the sorority that's collecting clothes for the Upward Bound clothes room delivers.  I can't wait to see what they're contributing.  (Jules)
I'm looking forward to Jules being home over vaca.  She'll be away Turkey Day.  But the other days she's mine.  No way is she going to hang out in crowded stores with legions of unmasked potentially COVID contagious people on Black Friday.  (Tobago)
You got that right, Babe.  I'm working too hard on this degree to let long COVID slow me down.  (Jules)
A great big shout out goes out to the sorority members who are collecting clothes for the clothes room.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway 



Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment