Monday, August 31, 2020

Another view of the studio. All the books shown are my journals. The
big bear has a great story. Quite a few years ago my son, Adam, and I
took the bus to the Bangor Mall and environs to maybe spend a little
Christmas cash. The wind was super strong. We could feel the bus
shake. When we arrived half the stores had lost power. And we were
so cold our first stop was to buy cocoa and hot food. But we found
enough stores to hang out at. Adam was especially fascinated by
electronics and remote control helicoptors. I had seen nothing I
couldn't easily live without. But when we got to the Things
Remembered kiosk the big bear that would have cost well over $100 was
reduced to about $30 including personally engraved heart. Adam said I
should get it because I really wanted it. I had the heart engraved
with "I hope you dance" and the date. Boxed up the bear was so big we
couldn't take it home by bus. We had to call Eugene to pick us up.
Eugene thought it was a foolish waste of money. But I consider it a
wise investment because it calls up memories of a very precious day I
don't want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment