Sunday, May 6, 2018

They All Saw A Cat

They All Saw A Cat

Picture book
"The cat walked through the world,
With its whiskers, ears, and paws..."
Brendan Wenzel's They All Saw A Cat gives a perfect introduction
to perspectives. A cat is viewed by a number of beings.
*The dog sees something to chase.
*The fox sees fast food.
*The fish and mouse see a scary predator...
Perhaps after reading/hearing the book a child or parent child
combo can pick another being to speculate similarly on. More
sophisticated kids might be able to view social events through this
lens.
On a purrrrsonal note, my dafodills are lovely. UMaine is at its
lovliest with flowers, planted and otherwise, all over. Even
unbeheaded dandelions. (Dandelion means lion's tooth in French.).
Gotta love that!
Yesterday I went to a day long presentation on social work and
environmental justice. It was fascinating. Although it wasn't my
field I had a good deal to offer when presenters asked for audience
input. I also politely called three speakers out on using the E word
(elderly) by explaining how ageist it is. (Readers: please delete
that word from your vocabs. Older people doesn't have the beyond
one's expiration date implication.) I realized how competent, poised,
and professional I feel. I'm all ready for grad school.
Ice cream was a big part of the day. I had a pint of rum raisin for
lunch which I ate outside with a friend in a near so many flowers.
Heavenly. At night I tried my friend, Russell's, suggestion of a dark
beer float (beer with ice cream). It was delish.
As I write this Joey cat is behind me purring. His whiskers tickle my
neck.
A great big shout out goes out to all who participated in the event
yesterday and my sweet, precious Joey cat.
jules hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment