Saturday, November 1, 2014

Handle With Care

Handle With Care

Picture book
When we think of butterfly migration we tend to imagine these
tiny, delicate, but amazingly resilient creatures winging it across
major distances, unerringly reaching places they've never been.
Tonight I learned about another mode of insect travel when I read
Lorree Griffin Burns' Handle With Care: An Unusual Butterfly Journey.
Burns was inspired when she learned that the live butterflies in
a museum in Massachusetts had come all the way from an unusual farm in
Costa Rico. She and photographer Ellen Harasmowicz went on a journey
of discovery Handle With Care was the result of their quest.
I bet the special kids in your life would enjoy joining them. I
know I did.
On a personal note, last week I was the official Veazie School
Committee delegate to the state wide Maine School Management
Conference up to Augusta. I learned a lot, networked, and won a cool
door prize.
A great big shout goes out to all the folks who traveled to the
conference to work together.
Julia Emily Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment