Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Love You More

Love You More

Adult mystery
"I looked my husband in the eye. A single heartbeat of time.
Who do you love?
I made my decision. I set down my trooper's belt on the kitchen
table.
And he grabbed my Sig Sauer and opened fire.
To homicide detective D.D., called in on her day off, it's a
police officer's nightmare investigation. A state trooper's husband
lies dead on his kitchen floor. The officer, Tessa, has been severely
beaten. Open and shut case of self defense?
Maybe not. As a teen Tessa had shot and killed her best
friend's brother who had allegedly been trying to rape her. Was she
seriously unlucky twice? Or is this a deadly pattern? Was there any
reason she would be better off getting the husband out of the picture
while avoiding homicide charges?
And then there's Sophie, Tessa's 6-year-old daughter by a
previous marriage. She's gone missing. Amber alerts are landing no
solid leads. If she hasn't been killed by one of her parents she's
out there somewhere, potentially in danger.
If an action packed detective mystery with plenty of twists and
turns is your cup of tea, you are not going to want to miss out on
Lisa Gardner's Love You More.
On a purrrsonal note, autumn has arrived in Penobscot County, Maine by
weather if not by calander. Leaves are turning. I'm wearing long
sleeve shirts and jeans. Days are getting shorter. :P
Tobago is spending much more of her nights cuddled up with her
hoomans. Tonight is statistics class. I was so excited to study I
got up at 4:00 a.m. Amber, who is no fan of cooler weather, is
thinking of having her early Halloween party on zoom instead of in
person. We'll see how it goes. Eugene, who is no fan of zoom, will
go to camp for the weekend if the party is online. I will stay home
for it. Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to zoom attend church by zoom
for the first time in ages. (Jules)
Nights are getting too cold. My hoomans are nice and warm. (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to my stats professor and my fellow
students.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment