Saturday, April 29, 2023

Missing Clarissa

YA mystery 
     "We didn't think about much of anything that summer, except where to find the next party.
     Until the night Clarissa vanished from the forest.  After that, all we thought about was Clarissa.  The whole country thought about Clarissa."
     When it comes to best friend pairs, Cam and Blair are certainly an odd couple.  Cam is the confident, headstrong high scholastic achiever whose book smarts aren't matched by common sense.  Cam is the sensible daughter of a boringly conservative family, the one who wonders if there's anything special about herself.  If they were incorporated into a car, Cam would be the gas pedal and Blair would be the brakes.
     "Everyone from Oreville knows the story of Clarissa.  Her living ghost haunts the long rain-dark winters alongside the looming specters of Washington's grim army of infamous serial killers and litany of missing girls.  Clarissa Campbell: the prettiest, most popular cheerleader to spring from the soil of Oroville, who disappeared one flawless August night twenty years ago from a party in the middle of the woods outside of town."
     Cam has decided that breaking an unsolved case will look good on her and Blair's college applications.  They can do it through a podcast.  Everyone loves podcasts.  Of course they've never created one before in their lives.  But how hard can it be?
     "The odds of Blair Johnson and Cameron Munoz, Teen Podcasters, succeeding where hundreds have failed are slim to none, Blair thinks.  But No is not a command the vast machine of Cam's brain is capable of processing."
     Small towns like Oroville can have dark secrets.  Getting too close to the truth can be like stirring up a hornets next.  You're bound to get stung big time.  So will sensible Blair keep impulsive Cam out of trouble?  Will Cam's stubbornness get them both arrested or slain?
     Is there any chance they'll actually solve the decades old cold case?
     Well there's one delightful way to find out.  If you're a YA mystery affecianado you are going to really enjoy Ripley Jones's Missing Clarissa.
On a purrrsonal note, OMG!  It's been six days since my last post!  Chalk it up to last week of the semester.  Between my internship and a huge (as in 42 pages) portfolio I've had to turn in on time and all the usual stuff like commuting and cooking I've been out straight.  The laundry I hung out a week ago is still on hangers in my rocking chair and you don't want to see my studio.  But after I sent my portfolio in and submitted my application for a summer Upward Bound job I was done.  Finals week I'll just to do internship hours.  So I can catch up with my blog and the house.  (Jules)
And spend more time with their best little cat in the world.  (Tobago)
A great big shout out goes out to you, our readers, with best wishes for a wonderful weekend.
Tobago and Jules Hathaway 



Sent from my U.S.Cellular© Smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment