Monday, November 11, 2019

More Grumpy Cat

More Grumpy Cat

Cat lovers
I have to admit it. My first Grumpy Cat book made me a total
fan. I quickly ordered five more volumes via the magic of inter
library loan.
Our friends at Little Golden Books, purveyors of bargain
children's classics such as The Poky Little Puppy and Color Kittens,
really get the Grumpster. One day she goes outside only to be greeted
by a bunch of cheerful critters. How's she gonna get away from that?
Read the book and see.
Grumpy Cat (And Pokey!) and The Misadventures of Grumpy Cat (And
Pokey!) bring the Grumpster to the graphic novel reading crowd. Each
volume contains a series of adventures undertaken eagerly by Pokey and
endured by Grumpy. Whether a haunted house waits to be explored,
aliens from another planet land on Earth, snobby felines challenge
them to a tree climbing contest, or Pokey falls in love with the girl
cat next door and requests Grumpy's help with courtship, the feline
sibling duo tackles the situation with amewsing results.
My favorites, though are the ones built around actual photos and
clever captions. The Grumpy Guide To Life is the polar opposite of an
inspirational book. It shows the darker side of topics like love,
home, and nature. In Grumpy Cat No-It-All you learn the Grumpster's
least favorite things and how she goes about vetoing them.
Paridoxically reading a Grumpy Cat book can be the purrrfect way
to put a smile on your face.
On a purrrsonal note. Today is Veterans' Day. If you're getting the
day off from school or work please remember the solemn reason behind
the observance. I certainly did. But this year for me there's
another layer of remembering sadness. It's the three month
anniversary of Joey leaving us. I suspect there are gallons of tears
in me just waiting to get out. While I normally don't recommend
shopping on a solemn observance day, I'm gonna cut myself slack and
make a Goodwill run. The alternate, drowning in sorrow, is not all
that appealing.
Great big shout outs go out to veterans and their families and to the
best little cat in the world who loved me.
jules hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment