Thursday, October 5, 2017

Handmade Christmas

Handmade Christmas

Crafts
Many of us love the idea of Christmas crafts...
...until push comes to shove and December 25 is rushing up on us
with the subtlety of a speeding freight train. That's why I decided
to review Handmade Christmas: over 35 step-by-step projects and
inspirational ideas for the festive season (The publisher is CICO
Books.) a little early. That way you'll get a chance to try out a few
of the projects before the holiday season gets hectic.
This book has a lot going for it. There is a wide variety of
creations ranging from decorations through gifts to food. A beginner
can tackle many of them. In fact some of them, such as the
gingerbread house and the snow globe bear a for kids designation.
Ornaments and delightfully simply stitched Christmas stockings can be
enjoyed year after year. The Advent calendar is versetile enough to
help kids count down to other special occassions such a the last day
of school or a vacation trip.
Without a doubt, my favorite (and the one I'm most likely to
try) is the marzipan Christmas figures. The penguins, reindeer, and
snowmen are too cute for words and well within the scope of my
abilities.
If you enjoy crafting I bet there is at least one project in the
book that you will find simply irrisistible. :)
On a personal note, we had a great Wednesday night at Wilson Center.
Russell came through with a great supper. We saw and discussed short
films about immigration and refugee issues. Everyone was involved in
the discussions. We very much value spaces where we can talk about
what's real and important. Otherwise I'm on an antibiotic to clear up
an infection before oral surgery and able to do maybe a fraction of
what I usually achieve. I'm glad October break is right around the
corner.
A great big shout out goes out to my Wilson Center family.
jules hathaway



Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment