Friday, October 27, 2017

Falcons

Falcons

Juvenile nonfiction
Falcons are magnificent birds of prey. They reside all over the
world except for Antarctica. But they aren't the run of the mill
backyard bird. And they don't get all the press of the eagle.
Luckily Kate Riggs' Falcons gives readers an intimate look into their
lifestyle.
The pictures take the cake. My favorites are the black and
white gryfalcon flying through a snowscape and the mother falcon
standing guard over her nest of eyases (newborns). But of course
there are plenty of fascinating facts. Do you know a falcon can do
200 miles an hour when diving? No wonder prey animals don't see them
coming!
Falcons is in an Amazing Animals series. It covers creatures
from Alligators to Zebras. Maybe one of the volumes captures your
favorite critter.
On a personal note: OMG! I am walking on air! One of my student
friends told me she wants me to be matron of honor when she gets
married! That is SO SPECIAL! That is also why I am so determined to
get my masters and work in student services instead of settling for
something like retail. Why in the world would I work to live a
persona I'm not and be merely tolerated when there's a place I am
loved for my authentic self?
A great big shout out goes out to the students, staff, and faculty who
make me feel Velveteen Rabbit real?
jules hathaway



Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment