Sunday, October 1, 2017

First Snow

First Snow

Picture book
"Shhhh, listen...
do you hear something?
Pit, pit, pit against the window.
Glistening, floating in the night."
Do you still get overcome by a feeling of magic at a year's
first snow flakes? Do you wish to share this joy with the children in
your life? Well I do. I've finally found the perfect book: Bomi
Park's First Snow.
A little girl wakes up in the night just in time. After
dressing for the weather, she heads out. She shushes the puppy to
runs to accompany her, probably so potentially spoil sport parents
will sleep on. As they head toward the woods the landscape becomes
more and more enchanted until...
...read the book and see.
Park lives in South Korea. I love that across half the world we
share this special joy.
On a personal note, I had a really fun late birthday celebration with
my friend Kat. We were thrift shopping. We went to Belfast (on the
coast) so I could show her the Belfast Goodwill (my favorite). We
found cool stuff. My best buys were 1 piece footed zebra pajamas/
costume for me and a dozen jingle balls for Joey. Our cashier was so
happy when I told her where we'd come from. On the way back we got a
bunch of free stuff. Then we went to Orono. We found good stuff at
Orono Thrift. My best buy was a Chantilly Lane singing bear. Tres
elegante! Kat was happy to harvest kale and sungolds from Community
Garden. Better her than the gophers.
A great big shout out goes out to Kat with thanks for a fun excursion.
jules hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment