Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I Could Pee On This

I Could Pee On This

Yes, that is the title. If you share your home with at least one
favored feline or have fond memories of doing so, you will enjoy I
Could Pee On This And Other Poems By Cats. It's a nice compact volume
that fits perfectly in a purse. It's a perfect way to add sunshine to
an otherwise dreary day.
The photographs are totally enchanting. They are accompanied by
witty descriptions of slices of life from the four footer
perspective. A cat with a Santa hat asks doesn't the tree look better
on its side. A puzzled looking calico wonders why everything looks
different and her people are pronouncing Georgia as New York. A
kitten peeks through a slit in the cardboard while the virtues of
small boxes are extolled. There is fortunately no picture of the cat
who protests a trip to the vet to be neutered.
I Could Pee On This would make a lovely Christmas gift or
stocking stuffer for a cat loving friend or realtive...if you can
stand to give it away.
On a personal note, I am in a state of high anxiety. Remember I said
I was applying for my dream job which is half time librarian for teens
at Orono Public Library. I have an interview scheduled for exactly a
week from today. I'm like the proverbial long tailed cat in a room
full of rocking chairs.
A great big shout out goes out to the friends who really want me to
get this job.
Julia Emily Hathaway


Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment