Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Telling Time With Big Mama Cat

Telling Time With Big Mama Cat

Picture book
I have never before seen as charming a book on how to tell time
as Barry and Cara Moser's Telling Time With Big Mama Cat. I admit to
being biased toward feline friends (as in queen of the cat shirts).
Luckily most young readers share my prejudice.
Mama Cat, a green eyed beauty, takes readers along on her day
from 6:00 a.m. when she stretches (note claw marks on the back of the
chair) until midnight when she dozes on top of a radiator. Kids will
find some of her escapades quite funny:
*At 9:00 she "cleans up" spills from the baby's bottle.
*At 11:00 she tries out the new off-limits chair, only to be
unceremoniously removed at 11:05.
*At 9:00 she "helps" with the dishes.
*At 11:00, on mouse patrol, she fails to notice a plump rodent
chomping on cheese.
The book comes with a clock face with moveable arms. I suspect
that cat loving telling time learners will find it simply irrisistable.
On a purrrrrsonal note, I had a purrrfect day. I put in 5 hours
volunteering at Orono Public Library. (I'm up to 21 for the year, 79
to go.) The librarians were very happy to see me shelf reading in the
juvenile wing. I stopped by Orono Thrift and found myself one piece
Minnie Mouse pajamas, silver high tops, and four shirts including two
long sleeve cat shirts. Now I'm home in my new warm pajamas cuddling
with my sweet Joey cat in our beautiful studio.
Tomorrow Anna has said she'll help me with the computer trainings I
have to do to keep my job. I am anxious about that.
Great big shout outs go out to Joey cat for loyal, unconditional love
and Anna for willingness to help me.
jules hathaway



Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment