Sunday, June 10, 2012

Timeless

OK, I'll admit it. Romance tends to be so not my genre. But
combine it with tragedy, intrigue, and time travel and you have me
hooked. That's what happened when I stumbled upon Alexander Monir's
Timeless.
Michelle's father has been out of the picture all her life.
When her mother is killed in a car accident, she must leave her
California home and friends to move in with her mother's estranged
parents, the ones who had done all in their power to prevent her
romance with Michelle's father. Her new residence is a New York City
mansion, far posher than the modest home she and her mother had
shared. Her grandparents seem cold and aloof, her new classmates,
scions of top society families, snooty.
When Michelle opens a box of her mother's jewelry that had been
in a bank safe, she discovers a special gold skeleton key...a key that
has been in recurring dreams she has had for years...dreams featuring
a dazzling young man with eyes the color of sapphires. The key seems
to move in her hand. Later when she is holding it and looking at a
journal from the year 1910 she is pulled back in time to that very
year. Her room is inhabited by an orphan who has just been adopted by
her ancestors.
In this time period the boy of Michelle's dreams, he of the
sapphire eyes, is alive. He can see her even though nearly everyone
else can't. Somehow they know they are destined to be together. But
how can this be when nearly a century lies between their births?
Well if that hasn't whetted your taste for this beautifully and
poignantly written book, I don't know what will. So I'll say only one
more thing. At the end a sequel is promised. Life is good. :-)
On a personal note, after so much rain I wouldn't have been surprised
to see Noah sorting the animals two by two and building an Ark, we're
enjoying fine, sunny weather. I saw my first daisies of the year.
A great big shout out goes out to my good friend and campaign manager,
Sue, who has promised me ice cream if I win my reelection.

Sent from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment